The ABMI provides information on the state of Alberta’s biodiversity in order to facilitate the responsible management of our environment.
- Raw Data Download—Download biodiversity data, description of collection methods and relevant metadata.
- Biodiversity Browser—Explore species detected by the ABMI throughout Alberta since 2003; the initial prototype data collection year, as well as human footprint features from 2007 remote sensing information for the province.
- Create Custom Area—Explore species detected and human footprint features for your own custom management area, or by Natural Regions and Subregions, Government of Alberta Land-use Framework regions, Watersheds, Sustainable Resource Development Areas, Forest Management Agreements, National Parks, or Provincial Protected Areas.
- Data Collection Protocols—Full detailed reports of data collection methods and biotic and abiotic laboratory protocols.
- Sites Sampled to Date—Details of sites surveyed and protocols implemented to date.
- Information Products—About ABMI information products and Access to Information Policy.
- Business Advantage—Learn how the ABMI benefits government, industry and all Albertans.